The Vale of the White Horse ends its consultation period on LPP2 and, thus, the Fyfield and Tubney 700 house development at 5pm on Wednesday 22nd November.
Over 300 residents of Fyfield and Tubney have signed the petition against this development. This will be handed to the Vale of the White Horse District Council, together with a comprehensive objection prepared by FLAG for the Parish Council on behalf of all parishioners who signed the petition.
A copy of the petition will also be handed to the Bursar of St John’s College on 22 November. Only 5-6 people will be permitted to enter the college grounds but that doesn’t stop lots of us gathering outside where the press will hopefully be in attendance.
In addition, if you object to the plan then please make your voice heard by submitting your objections directly to the Vale via the following methods:
- download a and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- collect a from one of the locations listed above and post it to Planning Policy, Vale of White Horse District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB
The Council has also prepared a to help explain the consultation process in more detail and a video here
The form requires you to be very specific about which part of the plan you are objecting to and the basis for your objection(s), e.g. Is it legally compliant, is it Sound, does it comply with the Duty to co-operate.
The kind of objections you might like to include would be:
- The impact of traffic from an extra 600 houses on the busy A420 — It’s running at capacity now, the impact of future developments has been based on out-of-date baseline estimates and is under-stated; the proposed new roundabout will add to congestion at the Fyfield bottleneck; proposed mitigations will not improve the situation and may exacerbate the problem, e.g. rat-running through Netherton and Tubney.
- The plan has not been undertaken in compliance with its duty to co-operate (comments expressed at an earlier stage have been ignored, the parish council have not been properly consulted, etc.)
- The planned development is not commercially viable and will have to be much bigger with cuts to infrastructure likely to be viable. It is unsound and not effective.
A comprehensive objection to all such matters will be submitted by the Parish Council and will be available to view here
In addition, FLAG has prepared some ready-made representations here . All you have to do is save the one that you would like, complete your personal details and email it or post it to the District Council. A menu of choices will be available for you to choose from. The return email and postal addresses are on the forms. Needless to say, we encourage anyone who wants to complete these forms from scratch using their own words.